2005 - Longo
Download | NO Copy/paste | Printing (1)
The power of words : literature and society in late modernity
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Collected essays.
In this volume
- Books, Texts and Hypertexts
- The Word's Millennial Power
- The Powers of Words: Literature, Cognition and Practical Life
- Hypertextuality and Cognitive Experiences in the Labyrinths of Words and Images
- The Return of Orpheus, or the Persistence of Literature and Myth
- Literature, History, and Philosophy: Some reflections on Gramsci's Quaderni dal carcere
- Language, the Market and the University: Bakhtin, Benjamin and the Intellectual in Late Capitalism
- Marxism, Literature and the Curriculum
- Narrative, Human Nature and Post-Modernism
- Desiring to Belong? The Politics of Texts and Their Politics of Nation
- Smaller Languages, Greater Identities: The Power of Words in Québec
- Power without Responsibility: The Function of Words in Augusto Roa Bastos's "Yo el Supremo"
- From the Depth of Commitment to the Shallows of Despair: The Career and Identities of rené Depestre
- Enigmas of the World, Proverbs of the Human Condition: Revisiting Some Postcolonial African Novels
- Literature and Dystopia: Narrative and the State in China
- Index of names